To protect and preserve your original art, we recommend taking the following precautions:
- Keep paintings out of direct sunlight to prevent discoloration or fading. Where possible, hang your paintings in shaded areas.
- Keep your paintings and prints in temperature-controlled spaces and away from heat sources, such as stoves. Frequent or drastic changes in temperature can damage artworks, causing discoloration or warping.
- Do not hang art on walls that will be exposed to high levels of humidity or dampness, including bathrooms, balconies or partially covered patios.
- Do not lean anything against the surface of a canvas.
- From time to time, dust your paintings and frames with a clean, soft rag or feather duster to prevent dust buildup.
- Hang your paintings away from very busy and possibly messy areas, like high-traffic entryways or kitchen counters.
We can always connect you with a professional art conservator/restorer if you have a damaged painting that needs restoration.